Wed, 13 May|
Hong Kong Island
Daughters of the Earth
A Nature-based mentoring programme for girls, designed to invite community through compassion, courage and connection through immersive time outdoors
Time & Location
13 May 2020, 3:30 pm – 10 Jun 2020, 6:30 pm
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
About the Event
This community & Nature-based gathering has been designed for girls between 7 - 9yrs afterschool on Weds from 3.30-6.30pm.
This gathering creates a safe space in which each individual can explore and develop their personal gifts, as well as a community that explores themes around Belonging, Courage, Empathy, Authenticity and Connection.
We do this through Nature connection practices & games, walking, hiking, scrambling, bushcraft skills such as learning to build shelters, campfires, carving & whittling, tea ceremony and specific communication tools to invite inclusion, understanding, self-awareness, self-regulation and building intrinsic motivation based on what feels right for them.
These gatherings act as a gentle way of bringing awareness to self-limiting beliefs, cultural conditioning and offer opportunities to expand comfort zones and just experience safety within a group to show up as our true selves.
Spring 2020 dates:
3.30 - 6.30pm
(1) Weds 13th May
(2) Weds 20th May
(3) Weds 27th May
(4) Weds 3rd June
(5) Weds 10th June
Sessions are purchased with a commitment to a package of 5 gatherings.
What the girls will receive:
- Expert tuition in bushcraft skills
- One on one guidance in practising Earth skills
- Small groups mean each girl will have the attention and support they are looking for
- Freedom to explore what makes them come alive!
- Confidentiality, so they feel safe to share and experience the bond that takes place within this little community they will build.
- Opportunities to explore new trails, and get in touch with their adventurous sides
- Guidance in communication tools that will support them in asking for what they need
- Receiving and practising wild tea ceremony
- Invitations to gratitude practice so they can continue to practice at home with the family
- Discover what drives and motivates them intrinsically
- Bountiful opportunities to practice compassion to self, others and the natural world.
What you as parents will receive:
- Exact drop-off and pick up points of each gathering, so you can relax into knowing how to travel there
- Plentiful photographs from each of the sessions, so you can feel like you are there with us, and have a platform for the girls to share their experiences with you.
- Be part of a communication group on Whatsapp with other mothers of daughters in the same group, to bring you ease in communication and receiving last-minute updates.
There will be no refunds or credits for absences during the program once the first session has been completed.
Daughters of the Earth