Mon, 31 Jan|
Hong Kong Island
Gaia Girls Immersion (9 - 12yrs)
A Nature-based mentoring programme for girls, designed to invite community through compassion, courage and connection through immersive time outdoors
Time & Location
31 Jan, 9:00 am – 04 Feb, 2:00 pm
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
About the Event
This 5 day immersive gathering has been designed for girls between 9 - 12yrs, offering a safe space in which each individual can explore and develop their personal gifts, as well as a community that explores themes around Belonging, Courage, Empathy, Authenticity and Connection.
Nature offers the perfect place for us to practice self-acceptance as well as to recognize where our 'edges' are so that the girls can discern for themselves where risks may lie, and have the opportunity to make informed decisions of what feels right for them, so they feel empowered to apply this conviction in other areas of their life.
We do this through Nature connection practices & games, walking, bouldering, hiking, bushcraft skills such as learning to build shelters, campfires, carving & whittling, tea ceremony and specific communication tools to invite inclusion, understanding, conflict resolution and self-awareness in the natural world.
These gatherings act as a gentle way of bringing awareness to self-limiting beliefs, explore cultural conditioning, offer opportunities to expand comfort zones and just experience safety within a group to show up and be celebrated for being our true selves.
The commitment would be to join the 5-day immersion which will be structured in the following way:
9am - 2pm
Mon 31st Jan - Community & Compassion (Braemar Hill Road)
Tues 1st Feb - Curiosity (Tai Tam reservoir, Southside)
Weds 2nd Feb - Courage (To Tei Wan, Shek O)
Thurs 3rd Feb - Creativity (Tai Tam reservoir, Southside)
Fri 4th Feb - Conviction (Braemar Hill Road)
Group size: Max 6 girls
* Social distancing practices applied
What the girls will receive:
- Expert tuition in bushcraft skills
- One on one guidance in practicing Earth skills
- Small groups mean each girl will have the attention and support they are looking for
- Freedom to explore what makes them come alive!
- Confidentiality, so they feel safe to share and experience the bond that takes place within this little community they will build.
- Opportunities to explore new trails, and get in touch with their adventurous sides
- Guidance in communication tools that will support them in asking for what they need
- Receiving and practicing wild tea ceremony
- Invitations to gratitude practice so they can continue to practice at home with the family
- Discover what drives and motivates them intrinsically
- Bountiful opportunities to practice compassion to self, others and the natural world.
What you as parents will receive:
- Exact drop-off and pick up points of each gathering, so you can relax into knowing how to travel there
- Plentiful photographs from each of the sessions, so you can feel like you are there with us, and have a platform for the girls to share their experiences with you.
- Be part of a communication group on Whatsapp with other mothers of daughters in the same group, to bring you ease in communication and receiving last-minute updates.
Terms & Conditions:
No refunds or replacement days can be offered if the girls are unable to join one or more of the dates. The intention is for the girls to create their own 'tribe' and family feeling so they embark on the week's adventures together.
Programmes will continue in the rain with adjustments to the activities to ensure safety and comfort of the group, but will be postponed in the events of:
- T3 warning & above
- Red rainstorm warning & above
In the event our gathering needs to be postponed, alternative date suggestions will be offered to the tribe for rescheduling.
Visit https://www.kembali.org/understanding-daughtersoftheearth to learn more about the ethics and logistics of our programmes.
Gaia Girls CNY